- Installation: Object v87D2
- Concept+Development: Douglas Edric Stanley
- Exhibition: Digit@rts, Villette Numérique
- Location: Cité des science et de l’industrie, Parc de la Villette, Paris
- Date: 24-29 September, 2002
- Video: Abstract Machine : Object
Object is at once a game, a puzzle, a universal programming environment, and a video editing suite. The key to “Object” resides in its algorithmic nature: video grows laterally, in mosaics of visual concrescence in which narrative passes from one image to the next within a network of independant and autonomous events. Any type of image can be added to the mosaic, and visitors are invited, via a webcam, to add their own images to the collective database.