- Workshop: Mobilité
- Location: Atelier Hypérmedia + Atelier 3D + Méta Atelier, l’École supérieure d’art d’Aix-en-Provence
- Dates: 30 November – 1 December 2009
- Organizers: Ricardo Garcia, Douglas Edric Stanley, Jean-Paul Thibeau
- Conference: Thierry Marcou + Fing, « Villes 2.0 », 30 November 2009
- Development assistance: Memo Akten, Gonzague Defos de Rau, Grégoire Lauvin
Today we began our week-long « Mobility » workshop at the Aix-en-Provence Art School. We kicked off the session this afternoon with a conference from Thierry Marcou, director of the Villes 2.0 project at Fing who gave a general overview of the major issues facing the city as it evolves in the current networked era, as well as techno-social experiments, services and creations illustrating these tendencies.
Then, starting tomorrow, we’ll be working in two groups exploring the question of Mobility from an artistic point of view, using either the iPhone/iPodTouch platform via OpenFrameworks, a specifially-designed GPS platformed designed by the Atelier 3D, or some combination of both.
While Memo Akten couldn’t be here this week (cf. Decode), he nevertheless was able to come two weeks ago to the Atelier Hypermédia and help me (actually, the other way around) write a MapKit addon for the ofxiPhone project. This is a pretty cool little addition which allows you to run the standard Apple+Google MapKit library from within OpenFrameworks, and (magically) without breaking either. This addon is already sitting in the current svn/git of ofxiphone if you’re geek enough, otherwise it should be available within the next few weeks when the OpenFrameworks download is updated.