- Workshop: Swissnex & UCLA Gamelab Workshop
- Project leads: Jonathan Cecil, Douglas Edric Stanley & Eddo Stern
- Assistant: David Elliott
- Production: Swissnex San Francisco, Game Culture
- Location: UCLA GameLab
- Platforms: Arduino, Unity, Arduinity
- Participants: Workshop participants: Nikita Arefkia, Marion Bareil, Griffin Blesser, Nick Crockett, Aliah Magdalena Darke, Mathias Dörfelt, Angie Fu, Benjamin Gattet, Khalil Klouche, Kevin Lin, Laurence Menor, Camille Morizot, Raphael Muñoz, Stephen Oh, Simon Pinkas, Chris Reilly, Alex Rickett, Dennis Rosenfeld, Philip Scott, Tyler Stefanich, Emilie Tappolet
On April 1-3, 2013, The UCLA Game Lab collaborated with the Swiss Cultural Institute swissnex in a workshop that combined UCLA students with eight students from Geneva and two of their gaming professors.
The workshop involved a game-jam type process with small groups of two or three students. We used the new Game Lab developed tool Arduinity which allows games made in Unity to communicate with the physical world using Arduino. We also crafted some physical props and sculptures that were then used to interact with the digital games.